Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Post 2

The connection I made with the main character Nick is learning about the tough time he dealt with the separation of his parents. I understand how hard it is on everyone. I too had to deal with this reality around the age of twelve. My dad would come around to see me once out of the week or I would stay with him at our old house (the house my mom moved out from), for the weekend. It was hard especially to see my mom sad and depressed. My experiences on dealing with the separation took a toll on me. I too like Nick had to start at a new school. Nick and his father communicated through the use of soccer. My father and I talked only when it came to school or when I needed someone to talk to. Overall I can relate to how Nick feels as a kid because I was there at some time (so was he), but I can understand the underlying frustration and confusion he had. The other connection I can make with Nick other than dealing with separation is knowing how it feels to have a father be there physically but not in any other aspect than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment